Fisheries Magazine – May 2015
Want to Receive Fisheries Magazine Every Month for Free?!
Become a member of the Society!
• receive Fisheries magazine each month
• enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books
• subscribe at member rates to the four preeminent, peer-reviewed AFS journals
• enjoy special savings on meeting registration
• join fisheries-related sections that cover your academic and professional interests
• apply for official certification as a Fisheries Professional, a process available only from AFS
• receive help when you publish with AFS
The Society needs your support. Won’t you join us today? Click to learn more!
Highlights of Fisheries Magazine – May 2015
In this Issue:
• President’s Commentary
Highlighting the 2014 AFS Award of Excellence Recipient— Kenneth A. Rose
• Policy Column
Top 10 Policy Issues for AFS
• Student Angle
How to Navigate Fisheries Education and Employment
• AFS News
AFS Hosts Capitol Hill Briefings on Marine Fisheries Management
• The Great Lakes Charter Fishing Industry: 2002 to 2011
• La industria pesquera de botes de alquiler en los grandes lagos: 2002 a 2012
• Factors Influencing Charter Fishing Effort Trends in Lake Huron
• Factores que influencian las tendencias del esfuerzo pesquero con embarcaciones de alquiler en el Lago Hurón
• The North Carolina Charter Boat Fishery Changing with the Times: A Comparative Analysis of the Catch Composition (1978 and 2007–2008)
• Cambios en el tiempo de la pesquería con botes de alquiler en Carolina del Norte: un análisis comparativo de la composición de la captura (1978 y 2007-2008)
… and more!
To access the May 2015 Fisheries magazine:
- Members either click here to go directly to Taylor and Francis
click here and sign in, then on the green, right hand menu you will see members only > members only links!
Not a member yet? Click here and learn the benefits of joining the American Fisheries Society (AFS)—the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
• Receive Fisheries magazine each month.
• Enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books.
• Enjoy special savings on meeting registration.
•…and so much more.