Want to Receive Fisheries Magazine Every Month for Free?!
Become a member of the Society!
• receive Fisheries magazine each month
• enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books
• subscribe at member rates to the four preeminent, peer-reviewed AFS journals
• enjoy special savings on meeting registration
• join fisheries-related sections that cover your academic and professional interests
• apply for official certification as a Fisheries Professional, a process available only from AFS
• receive help when you publish with AFS
The Society needs your support. Won’t you join us today? Click to learn more!
In this Issue:
• Policy Column
• Student Angles
The 2013–2014 Fenske Fellowship: Learning the Ins and Outs of Lake Whitefish Management in the Upper Great Lakes
West Virginia University AFS Student Subunit Leads a Citizen Science Program
• Journal Reviews
Bluegill Can Be Managed More Effectively with Bag Limits!
Probiotics Show Promise for Aquaculture
More Evidence That Plant-Based Feeds Can Support Sustainable Aquaculture
Using a Video Lander to Assess Difficult Marine Habitats
Support Solutions to California’s Drought Issues: Modeling Suggests Ways to Conserve Chinook Salmon in the Face of Water Diversion
• Climate Change Adaptation and Restoration of Western Trout Streams: Opportunities and Strategies
• Adaptación al cambio climático y restauración de los ríos occidentales para la trucha: oportunidades y estrategias
• Smartphones Reveal Angler Behavior: A Case Study of a Popular Mobile Fishing Application in Alberta, Canada
• Teléfonos inteligentes revelan comportamiento de pescadores: el caso de estudio en Alberta, Canadá, de una aplicación para teléfono móvil
… and more!
To access the July 2015 Fisheries magazine:
- Members either click here to go directly to Taylor and Francis
click here and sign in, then on the green, right hand menu you will see members only > members only links!
Not a member yet? Click here and learn the benefits of joining the American Fisheries Society (AFS)—the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.